Thursday 28 March 2013

WAUF... Pretty Kitty Claws?


Why Aren't You Following... ? was conceived by Curly Polish as an attempt to help polishaholics put a face to the nails! Sometimes in our FB polish groups we don’t really connect those beautiful talons with the person behind them – often one who blogs! It is hoped that this series of posts will help polishaholics get to know new blogs and rediscover old ones by means of twelve succinct questions. Most of all, this series is designed to give a shout out to all the bloggers I admire the most – both big-time and small fry :-)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the latest edition of WAUF! This week, I speak to Kira from Pretty Kitty Claws! Let’s get down to business :-)


NameKira


Since14th of February 2012 - the day I turned 33 and the day I got engaged, awwww.

GFC followers (at time of writing): 216

Signature bloggismI'm not sure I have one, Miagi my lovely furbaby often appears. Does he count? (YES, yes he does!)

Fav nail art techniqueProbably gradients because they are quick and easy but really can look amazing on their own or as a base for something more complex.

Fav brandMy favourite mainstream brand has to be OPI, but as for indies I have a ton. Enchanted Polish and Lynnderella are probably my favourites along with Hare Polish and Girly Bits.

Fav colourHard to choose, I'd say if I could only wear one colour for the rest of my life it'd probably have to be blue or purple...

Fav blogI love The Crumpet, she's quite inspirational to me. She does some wild things which would never suit me and she does great swatches and combinations which inspire me to try something different. I also love the usual suspects such as The Polished Perfectionist, Chalkboard Nails, Oh Three Oh Four and The Manicurator.

Would still like to trySplatter and ruffle manis.

One fact we may not know about you/your blog: I don't have a real life facebook profile and never will. I absolutely hate the voyeurism of facebook but I adore it for my nail hobby. I've made so many awesome friends I've never met and I don't know where I'd be without it. A paradox - why yes!

When not painting my nails you’ll find me... : With my hubby. We live in a beautiful historic town and there's tons going on, festivals, fairs and markets. My other biggest hobby is probably eating out; we have tons of amazing restaurants to visit!


"I'll give you this post because it makes me happy. I love the mani...
I remember sitting in the summer warmth on my patio, drinking coffee with
my hubby and painting my nails - I can't wait for the summer again!"


Why I follow her: Kira is a lovely person whom I met on FB in one of the polish groups (which? I forget). Essentially, therefore, I grew to like her as a person before I loved her nails. One day it occurred to me that I kept liking pics she posted, and then I saw that she actually had her own blog - and that was it! This girl has LOOOOOONG nails and that means LOTS of space to play - and play she does! I also love that her blog features her cat ^^ He's so cuuuuute :D Finally, I enjoy actually reading her posts, which is always a nice bonus when you follow a blogger :-) 


So tell me... why aren't you following Pretty Kitty Claws?!


How to follow Kira:


Thanks for reading this week’s WAUF! Tune in next week for more blogger introductions :-)

‘Til next time :-)

- Skye x



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Disclaimer*** 
These are not the only ladies I follow, or the only people whose blogs/nails I love. I don’t prefer any one of these blogs over the other because I like them all for different reasons. If you haven’t been contacted (yet), it doesn’t mean I don’t love you! Also: if you don’t have a blog but you have lovely nails, I may be in touch at some point, but I don’t know how to make an entire post about a non-blog right now :-) Finally, please remember that my preferences may be different to yours. This is meant to be a 
fun series! I adhere to the Thumper principle: if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. Keep smiling guys and girls :-) 

8 comments:

  1. Weird, for some reason I can get to her blog? If I copy and past the link (cuz the link won't work for me) It just goes to google??? Maybe it's just my computer right now, I'll try later. She looks like a fun person to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V. curious. I checked the links and they work for me so maybe it's your interwebs? Do try again later because her blog is awesome! :) :) xx

      Delete
  2. Already a follower and I love her! Great as always Skye (my 10th view :P) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL tenth!? I'm glad you like them :P haha. You're so funny ^^ xxx

      Delete
    2. Cant get enough! addicted! :P xxx

      Delete
  3. wow, so honoured to be mentioned alongside those ladies, but I really do wish my nails were as pretty as Kira's :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww but Debbie, your blog rocks! :) Kira does have rather awesome nails ^^ xx

      Delete

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)