Monday 11 March 2013

NOTW: A England Iseult

Hello lovelies and hello new followers! Welcome aboard :) :)

Today I get to show you a new favourite polish of mine - A England Iseult! This polish will always be very special to me, because it was sent to me along with A England Tristam (a gorgeous blue holo) completely by surprise by Anne Catherine Vold Archer! After my initial confusion at seeing an A England bubble envelope in my postbox, I realised that Anne had bought me these polishes out of the kindness of her heart because I don't own any pretty nudes that are 'interview-appropriate'. Anne told me that she wanted to prove to me that work wear doesn't have to be boring - and I now totally believe her! Thank you SO much Anne. I will never cease to be totally in awe of how much kindness is demonstrated in the polish community, and it's really very humbling. Kindness breeds kindness and I can only hope that I get the chance to pay forward all of the kindnesses I've been shown since I was welcomed into our little community :-)

Firstly, let me show you what I did to the mani after I got back from my interview - I got my stamp on again!

Stampy, stampy!
This is an image from GALS plate #29 and it fitted on my shorter-than-usual nails perfectly. At first I thought I'd maybe got the colour combination wrong again, but the mani eventually really grew on me and I'd definitely do it again. I think my main issue was that the silver image didn't really pop so my accent nail looked a bit much at first, but that's what I get for choosing to stamp with polishes with little or no colour contrast! This was a v. feminine mani and one I'm sure I'll reproduce in the future.


Here's the polishes I used:

  • A England Iseult (pink-nude base)
  • Barry M Silver Foil
  • Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Pomegranate


Finally, here's a couple swatches of the beautiful base colour, A England Iseult:

Iseult #1
Iseult #2


























This is a very sheer and delicate, almost-white pink polish with a subtle silver shimmer running through it. At first I thought it wouldn't suit me, because I'm definitely a warm-toned gal, but having worn it for a week I can honestly tell you that this polish will suit anyone and everyone! I'm thrilled, because it's really pretty! This was about three coats, but I think that four would eliminate the VNL. In fact, in most lights this wasn't noticeable anyway. As is fairly typical for these sheer polishes, application was a bit tricky, but not as tricky as it could have been. I think the main challenge was being patient enough to cope with the slower-than-average drying time, but as you can see, I mostly succeeded :-)

I realise that my photos of this polish are not great (weird colours, lobster hands, no jumper etc.!), but this is because I did the mani really late the night before I went to my interview and so I didn't really get a chance to take my time and get good ones. As a result, my nail art pic is ironically the most colour-accurate for the polish! I will definitely be wearing it again, though, so I will get you better pics then! For those curious, I wasn't offered the job in the end, but I think this was a blessing in disguise because the salary turned out to be very poor; I can buy more polish and travel more often if I continue freelancing, and that suits me just fine!


All I can say to sum up is thank you once again to Anne for buying me my beautiful (and first ever) A Englands, and that I can't wait to wear them both time and time again :-) I just hope that the weather plays along soon so that I can finally appreciate Tristam in all his noble and romantic holo-glory :-)

See you later this week for the second installment of my WAUF blog series!

'Til next time, curlettes :-)

- Skye x

6 comments:

  1. So delicate and feminine, looks like wrapping paper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe it does a little bit! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Thats beautiful! Nice and elegant :) and might I say you're on 69 followers...hehe :P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nada :) And LOL I've been biting my tongue trying not to mention that :D XX

      Delete
  3. I loooove the color combo on your accent nail!! That design is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)