Thursday 21 March 2013

WAUF... Work / Play / Polish?


Why Aren't You Following... ? was conceived by Curly Polish as an attempt to help polishaholics put a face to the nails! Sometimes in our FB polish groups we don’t really connect those beautiful talons with the person behind them – often one who blogs! It is hoped that this series of posts will help polishaholics get to know new blogs and rediscover old ones by means of twelve succinct questions. Most of all, this series is designed to give a shout out to all the bloggers I admire the most – both big-time and small fry :-)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the latest edition of WAUF! This week, I speak to Leslie from Work Play Polish! Let’s get down to business :-)


Name:
 Leslie. But I’m “workplaypolish” just about everywhere on the web.

Blog:
 Work / Play / Polish


Since: May 2012

GFC followers (at time of writing): 5,093


Signature bloggism:
Hmmm…this is a tough one. Probably my “Mani Cave” feature showing the transformation of a room in my house to a dedicated polish room. Those posts get a lot of traffic. I feel guilty that the remodel is going slowly and I don’t have much progress to share each week…but hopefully I can ramp that up soon!

Fav Brand: Zoya (which I can afford to collect) and Dior (which I cannot afford to collect).

Fav Colour:
In real life, navy blue. My daughter argues that it can’t possibly be someone’s favorite color. In polish life, berry pink.

Fav Nail Art Technique: Tape manis. It’s something that I can handle and it appeals to the OCD in me because I can get perfectly straight lines!

Fav Blog:
Again, this is tough. I love to read nail blogs. I love any and every nail blog – even if the skills aren’t mature yet… I just love when other people love to paint their nails and I like watching bloggers evolve over time right with me. I don’t discriminate and I try to read as many as I can! So I have lots of favorites, but my most favorite is Manicurator. Victoria’s manis are perfect, her photos are gorgeous and she’s always on the cutting edge of what’s new.  Plus, she’s a great person and has become a dear friend. I call her my “Nail Blogging Sensei”. 

Would still like to try: My husband and daughter surprised me with a new-in-box Clarins 230 for Christmas. I’m dying to try it. But I’m nervous!

One fact we may not know about you/your blog: I transferred schools midway through college and gave up a large scholarship. In order to work my way through the next two years, I took a break to get my nail tech license. Once I got settled at a salon, I planned to pay for school by painting nails and taking out loans. I grew particularly close to one client who became almost a surrogate mother to me. One day she came in for her weekly manicure appointment and informed she was going to pay my college tuition until I graduated. And she did! So you see, nails really have impacted my life! I worked as a professional nail tech for five years total. I keep my license and continuing education current - but now I only do nails for fun!

When not painting my nails you’ll find me: Honestly? Working at my “real” job or cleaning the house. Party time, right?



Why I follow her: Leslie is a true all-rounder; she has beautiful hands and nails, beautiful swatches of the latest collections, some really brilliant nail art and a great feel-good story to boot! I discovered her blog just a few months ago and really fell hard for her work :-) The love affair began with her series of Digit-al Dozen Does Art series (please look it up - it was in January!) and it has continued ever since. I highly recommend taking a look!


So tell me... why aren't you following Work / Play / Polish?!


How to follow Leslie:

FBwww.facebook.com/workplaypolish
Instagram: http://instagram.com/workplaypolish
Twitter: @workplaypolish

Thanks for reading this week’s WAUF! Tune in next week for more blogger introductions :-)

‘Til next time :-)

- Skye x



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Disclaimer*** 
These are not the only ladies I follow, or the only people whose blogs/nails I love. I don’t prefer any one of these blogs over the other because I like them all for different reasons. If you haven’t been contacted (yet), it doesn’t mean I don’t love you! Also: if you don’t have a blog but you have lovely nails, I may be in touch at some point, but I don’t know how to make an entire post about a non-blog right now :-) Finally, please remember that my preferences may be different to yours. This is meant to be a 
fun series! I adhere to the Thumper principle: if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. Keep smiling guys and girls :-) 

20 comments:

  1. Wow love your blog Leslie! I didnt even know you exist till now! following :D lovely post as always Skye! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nada, you're so sweet! And yay for introducing you to a new blog! Leslie's blog is always a pleasure ^^

      Delete
  2. OMG, Why did i not know about this blog before????? I'm following now. What a great story. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^ Isn't it just? Glad to introduce you :) x

      Delete
  3. Oh and love your posts Skye!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Work Play Polish! OMG. She is so talented:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. she IS amazing, always love what she comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww....thanks Skye! Such an honor to be included! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Leslie! Thank you so much for participating! :) :) :)

      Delete
  7. Just came over here from a link on the work/play/polish fb page...Leslie was the first blogger I ever followed. This WAUF is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya and welcome to my blog! :) Leslie is fab and I always love the things she does. I can only hope to be as talented one day! Thanks for taking the time to comment <3 :)

      Delete
  8. It's a good question.. Why weren't i follewing her!? P One thing is sure, i do now! :D I loove this WAUF-series, i find some new interesting blogs to read ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mette! Thanks for reading ^^ I'm so glad you like the series :D I hope I can show you lots more new blogs too over the coming months :) :)

      Delete
  9. I loves my Leslie - she rocks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Debbie, thank you for reading :) xx

      Delete
  10. She's cool, her nail swatches rocks! so, nail lover! for those who are not yet following her, go follow her now!!! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Thanks for stopping by! :) xx

      Delete

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)