Monday 7 October 2013

NOTW: Pop! Kettle. Black?

Well, hellooooooooooo lovelies :D

I'm so excited about today's post, so I'll just get to it. I DID AN AWESOME GRADIENT!!! *unashamedly blows own trumpet* Lookie, lookie:

*yay* :D
*Pardon the clean-up: see below for why
it's not as good as usual!

Isn't it amazing?! After my failed summer gradient here, I vowed to try a makeup-sponge gradient again with a white base coat. It took me many weeks to track down Sinful Colors Snow Me White, and when I finally saw it in Boots, I nabbed it immediately, came home, and set to work. I'd been obsessing over a purple/orange gradient, and I think I may have finally got that out of my system ;-)

The polishes I used for this gradient were:
  • Sinful Colors Snow Me White (base)
  • KIKO #315 (dark purple)
  • Rimmel How Do You Lilac It? (lilac)
  • Catrice Salmon and Garfunkel (peachy orange)
  • Rimmel Pop! (bright orange)

I then took a kitchen sponge and dabbed more of the KIKO polish over the top of the gradient to tie the design together. This definitely made the mani! 

A work in progress...
... now with added faux-splatter!

On a brief side note, please know that makeup-sponge gradients are not for the faint-hearted! The clean-up required is pretty horrific! Look:


It's true that splatters are messier, but my cuticles looked red raw by the time I'd scrubbed that polish off with acetone! Next time I'll definitely use Vaseline, just like I recommended for my splatter mani here


Sooooo what do you think of this mani? I think I was definitely channeling autumn/Halloween with this one! What strange colour combinations have you tried for your own gradients? Lemme know in the comments!

'Til next time, curlettes :-)

- Skye x



6 comments:

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)