Monday 8 July 2013

NOTW: Playful polkadots

Hello lovelies! How goes?

Today I have yet another polkadot mani for you... but this time, I tried something a little more fun! Sadly, due to my injured wrist, my photos of this mani were a bit naff, because I was quite shakey (weird nerve damage issues), but I wanted to show you my work anyway, so here goes :-)

Yes, that's my splint - ouchie :-(

As you can see, the lighting and picture quality is really quite poor compared to normal, but at least you can see my artwork. This mani totally makes me think of Minnie Mouse, although I'm not sure why. I really like the design, even in spite of the fact that it wasn't the most original one ever; it was fun to get my nail art pen out again :-)

Last but not least, here's the base colour used for this mani - Rimmel Show Off:























You've seen this colour before in this post here, but my swatch was quite poor. Now you have a decent one :-) As you can see, it's a raspberry pink creme which looks quite dusky in some lights, but rich in others (as above). The formula was perfect and so was the brush - this is definitely one of Rimmel's winners! I actually really like the polish, but I don't often wear it, since pink isn't my favourite nail colour; it was perfect for my polkadots though!


What else would you like to see me try with my new nail art pens? Let me know in the comments!

'Til next time :-)

- Skye x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)