Thursday 11 April 2013

WAUF... Never Mind Suzi?


Why Aren't You Following... ? was conceived by Curly Polish as an attempt to help polishaholics put a face to the nails! Sometimes in our FB polish groups we don’t really connect those beautiful talons with the person behind them – often one who blogs! It is hoped that this series of posts will help polishaholics get to know new blogs and rediscover old ones by means of twelve succinct questions. Most of all, this series is designed to give a shout out to all the bloggers I admire the most – both big-time and small fry :-)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the latest edition of WAUF! This week, I speak to Steph from Never Mind Suzi! Let’s get down to business :-)


NameStephanie Gillespie


Since: 10th April 2012

GFC followers (at time of writing): 299

Signature bloggism: I say "Hi all!" at the start of each post, my sometimes dodgy cuticles... I also always do at least two pics (one overhead light, one flash)... I do a lot of leopard print manis.

Fav brand: Main stream - Nails Inc; Indie - Glitzology

Fav colour: Pink in real life and blue in polish.

Fav nail art technique
Leopard print.

Fav blogLindsey @ Neverland Nail Blog, as she took the time when I was starting out to speak to me and encourage me, plus she always does the funkiest unique nails.

Would still like to try: Polish brand - Zoya; nail art technique - water marbling (it's my holy grail).

One fact we may not know about you/your blog: I love penguins and have a second up-and-coming blog called Slimming with Suzi.

When not painting my nails you’ll find me... : Watching TV and movies. I love series such as Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, X Men, The Avengers and Twilight and on TV I love to watch Criminal Minds (mmm.... Derek Morgan), CSI, Once Upon A Time and The Big Bang Theory. Not afraid to admit I love TV :D

"My favourite mani that isn't just a decal like my FB profile pic - though I do love it!"

Why I follow her: Steph's blog was one of the first nail art blogs I discovered and I've always been amazed by her creativity. She is always trying new things (big challenge junkie) and she makes new techniques seem very accessible to the uninitiated (like me!). This blogger may not be Scrangie (who is?), but I love her manis and I also love how she engages with us on FB! I think Steph has real personality and it's always a pleasure to see her posts appear on my FB wall :-)


So tell me... why aren't you following Never Mind Suzi?!


How to follow Stephanie:

Twitter@steppy_g2


Thanks for reading this week’s WAUF! Tune in next week for more blogger introductions :-)

‘Til next time :-)

- Skye x



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Disclaimer*** 
These are not the only ladies I follow, or the only people whose blogs/nails I love. I don’t prefer any one of these blogs over the other because I like them all for different reasons. If you haven’t been contacted (yet), it doesn’t mean I don’t love you! Also: if you don’t have a blog but you have lovely nails, I may be in touch at some point, but I don’t know how to make an entire post about a non-blog right now :-) Finally, please remember that my preferences may be different to yours. This is meant to be a 
fun series! I adhere to the Thumper principle: if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. Keep smiling guys and girls :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)