Hello there, my lovelies!
Today I bring you a different kind of post. About a week ago, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Brie at For the Love of Lacquer!
This is rather unexpected and I'm quite touched that such a tiny blog like mine can attract anyone's attention enough that they want to nominate me for an award :-)
I've really enjoyed writing my blog so far and I'm so glad I took the plunge when everyone encouraged me to! In particular, I've loved the friends I've made in the polish community and I'm continually surprised at how much more adventurous I have become because I know people will be looking at my nails. Blogging has helped me to take better care of my nails and try techniques I would never have had the guts to try otherwise, so thank you very much to all of you who read my blog, whether you're a hardcore follower (do I have any of those? lol) or a casual reader :-)
As in all things, there are rules to this blogging award. These are as follows:
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging
2. Let them know that you have nominated them.
3. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
4. Thank the bloggers who have nominated you. Did this in a comment already, but thank you, once again, Brie :-)
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post.
Here are my seven random facts:
- I am mixed race and have Afro-Caribbean, Spanish and British roots.
- I am adopted.
- I used to want to be an astronaut (kinda still want that).
- I think Christmas cracker jokes are genuinely hilarious.
- My favourite lip balm is Lanolips (it's my holy grail product), which is all-natural, animal-friendly and comes in a variety of different forms, including heavy-duty, lemon oil lip scrub and several tinted shades.
- My favourite flowers are germinis/gerberas.
- I have been to to 15 different countries (so far!) not including airport stop-overs.
And here are my nominations, largely based on the number of followers each lady has:
- Raquel at 9ml Universe
- Cristina at Clockwise Nail Polish
- Ameerah at Valiantly Varnished
- Whitney at Dressed Up Nails
- Steph at Never Mind Suzi
- Erica at Coat of Mani Colours
- Tina at Light of the Moon Nails
- Laurie at Dressed up Digits
- Michelle at Lacquer or Leave Her
- Katherine at Rambles of a Polish Addict
- Joanne at Northern Nails
- Beccy at Two Days Slow
- Misha at Enigmatic Rambles
- Kira at Pretty Kitty Claws
- Liesl at Liesl Loves Pretty Things
Finally, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of those people who read my blog and encourage me. Your support can be quite disarming sometimes and I don't think I've ever felt so happy to be part of a community as I am to be a member of the online polishaholics crew :-)
'Til next time, my lovelies.
Keep smiling :-)
- Skye x