Monday 25 February 2013

NOTW: Funky yet delicate stamping

Hello my lovelies :-)

WOW and welcome to all my new followers!!!! I was lucky enough to serendipitously be given not one but TWO shout-outs over FB this past week, meaning that I've gained a whole ton of new readers. Welcome, welcome, welcome :-) :-)

Warning: picture-heavy nail-p*rn post!

Today I'd like to show you a mani I'm really proud of - my second ever successful stamping mani! Yet again, a big shout out to Tracy Ball-Eriksson for sending me a stamper that works :-)

First off, let's see the mani:

In the shade :-)
Squeeeeeeeeeeee awesome stamping
with TURQUOISE and PURPLE!



























This mani contains all my favourite colours, so I just couldn't stop staring! Turquoise AND purple together?! Heaven!


Here are the polishes I used:
  • Rimmel How Do You Lilac It (base)
  • Maybelline Turquoise Lagoon (gradient)
  • Barry M Gold Foil Effect (stamping)

I love a good sponging(!) and so I just had to show you the half-way point in this mani: my awesome turquoise to lilac gradient! Check it out:

Check out the gradient in the sunlight!
Don't mind the random brown spot - my sponge
had some purple left on it!




























Pretty nifty, huh? :-) Finally, I'd like to share a couple swatches of the base colour with you (Lively Lilac):

Artificial light
Natural light (shade)

This is one of those Rimmel polishes that apply like a dream, just like Grey Matter. Having ascertained that my camera is a bit off when it comes to colours, I can tell you that this is a warm-toned pastel lilac creme that leans either purple or pink depending on the light (as I think you can see). This versatility is actually really fun because the tone of the purple changes throughout the day.

Pretty sunshine bonus pic :-D
Here you can really see the stamped image ^^


























So what do you think of this, my second ever successful stamping attempt!? I'm really proud of this mani - I couldn't stop staring at my hands when I wore it and I was really sad to remove it :-)


What other funky colour combinations would you like to see combined with stamping? I have an entire set of plates to play with now - and I wanna use them!

'Til next time, curlettes :-)

Keep smiling!

- Skye x

7 comments:

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)