Monday 11 February 2013

NOTW: Sonnetarium Peppermint Kiss

Hello my lovelies and thank you to my new followers - welcome, welcome, welcome :-)

Today I have another Sonnetarium polish to show you: Peppermint Kiss. First off, let's take a look at the polish:

Shrinkage alert!
Prettiness ^^


























This was a surprise mini that I found in my Sonnetarium Snowfall package from Sharla-Elyn, and at first I wasn't sure whether it was my colour or not. Green AND red AND white in a milky pink base? Odd, for sure. However, after I had this on for an hour or two I was loving it! Application is a bit tricky because the base is sort of a crelly, and so it looks streaky at first - but don't panic! It evens out beautifully :-) I wore Peppermint Kiss over a pink creme base coat (swatched below), which makes it look mid-pink, but I think it would look lovely alone and would probably need 3-4 coats to reach its full, milky opacity. I think that the polish will suit me better on its own in the summer when I'm looking a bit toastier :-) This a totally unique polish and I can think of several holidays for which it could be worn, including one that is fast approaching and shall not be named.

One more point worth mentioning: in the pictures above I wore this polish with my new HK Girl topcoat. I'll save the post about that for another day, but I'm not overly enthused about this so-called "wonder-coat". Needless to say, I got MASSIVE shrinkage with this mani within an hour or so of application (and I wrapped my tips with each colour!). Not good. It's a shame because I loved this mani but ended up having to remove it the next morning because the shrinkage was bugging me so much. Urgh.

Finally, here's a swatch of the base colour I chose:

Pardon my cuticles!
As you can probably tell, this is an OLD swatch from the vault that I did several months ago, but never posted. I did try to get a better one this time around, but the pva under the creme looked nasty :P As such, please ignore my odd nail shape, poor picture quality and iffy cuticles. Probably the best bit about this swatch is the cuticle line which looks damn near perfect! Still, at least you can see the colour :-)

Funnily enough, I never have staining problems with this colour on its own, but with the glue basecoat it turned my nails a sort of mango-pink orange. Very odd! It sorta looks like I have oxygen poisoning (nerdy scuba joke), but luckily I'll be covering my talons with polish most of the time so no one will see :P


What do you think of my second Sonnetarium polish? When would you wear it? Let me know in the comments!

'Til next time, curlettes :-D

- Skye x


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can buy Sonnetarium polishes from the (incredibly kind and sweet) Michelle at http://www.sonnetarium.net/all-products. Sonnetarium are just about to release a new spring collection inspired by fruit yoghurts, some swatches of which you can find on their FB page here :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)