Monday 24 December 2012

Merry Christmas 2012!

Hello my lovelies! Welcome to my blog :-)

This is going to be a short post because our family is settling in for Christmas this evening (having now recovered from our 8th shock survival of the end of the world since 2000!!!). 

I would just like to show you what will be on my nails this Christmas Day:

Left hand (those aren't bad cuticles; it's bad
glue clean-up - sorry!)
Right hand :-)

This is three-four coats of KBShimmer's Wrapper's Delight with one coat of top coat (though it needs a couple more coats for smoothness), and as you can see, the glitter payoff was incredible. I love that this polish contains an equal amount of each colour of glitter - although it looks more red/gold in some lights, my nails just look like pure tinsel!

What's more, this is a VERY special polish indeed; not only is it GORGEOUS, it is also a charity polish from which some the profits went towards buying toys for Toys for Tots earlier this December. I think this was a really lovely gesture from Christie and I'm proud to wear my polish knowing that my money gave a child a toy this Christmas. I hope that she'll do the same again next year :-)

I'm not going to be around for the holidays now, so I'd like to wish all of you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanzaa and Happy Holidays, as well as a happy and healthy New Year 2013! Most of all, I wish you peace and contentment - because that's all we can really hope for in life :-)

As this is getting a little hippy right now, I'll close with a picture of our Christmas tree this year:

Beautiful tree, crappy picture!
Our family have a tradition of decorating the tree with Disney ornaments. We don't have them all (because my ma stopped getting new ones when we got big), but we have A LOT of Disney on this tree. If you blow the pic up big you'll spot a lot of old favs (no new Disney rubbish like Lilo and Stitch here!). 

Merry Christmas and I'll see you around New Year :-)

Stay happy!

- Skye x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)