Tuesday 20 November 2012

Children In Need Mani

Hello lovelies! Welcome back to the vets and greetings to my new followers - I hope you like what you see here :)

WARNING: this is a picture-heavy post.

As I have doubled my followers seemingly overnight (to a modest sixteen!), I just thought I'd lay it out for you again. This blog is mostly for me, but as I take pics of my manis and post them to FB anyway, I thought I'd give my photos a permanent home. I'm also hoping that this will inspire and motivate me to try things I've not tried before, especially with regard to nail art. I'm still learning, so things won't be perfect, but I'm well up for letting y'all chuckle at my mistakes ;) I'm actually a freelance translator/interpreter and my business is very young, so I may sometimes disappear - I'm certainly not able to 100% commit to a post a week or a specific day just yet - but I'll try to show you what I do each week because I normally change my manis over the weekend when business slows down.

Before I begin today's post proper, can I just take a moment to say how cool the audience stats are from Blogger?

United Kingdom
145
United States
58
Portugal
14
Trinidad and Tobago
5
Belgium
4
Denmark
4
Australia
2
Germany
2
Italy
2
Netherlands
2


These are a few days old now, but that's THREE different continents already! Isn't the interweb incredible, connecting us all like this?

...ANYWAY...

Today, I have a wonderful dotty mani to show you. You don't know me well yet, but I LOVE dots. LOVE them (really a lot). Here's what I came up with:


The colours are inspired by a BBC charity event that happens once a year in Britain called Children in Need (more info in the link). This year's motto was 'Show your spots!', so my mani is fitting indeed :)


If I had mad nail art skillz I would have tried to draw Pudsey, the Children in Need mascot on an accent nail:


Fortunately for you guys, I know my limits - and also I thought that dots would be more fun because Children in Need only happens on one day (Friday 16th November, this year), and I didn't want to have a yellow bear on my nails for an entire week :P

Finally, I'd like to show you the undies on this one. This was an untried of mine which is really quite beautiful in an ephemeral sorta way. The colour is called Cloud Nine (#20) by Collection 2000 (a fav brand of mine), and this is three coats over Rimmel French Ivory (which was a totally pointless layer that I thought might help me avoid visible tips LOL).

In artificial light

In direct sunlight
Although it's quite sheer, which makes it a PITA to apply neatly (pardon my bubbles, pillow marks and weird thumb dent!), I really like this polish because it kind of glows from within. When it starts snowing I'll definitely have to do some snowy manis with it. I have no idea why I didn't try it sooner!

Hope you like this week's offering and I'll see y'all next time on the interweb :)

- Skye x

4 comments:

  1. Your nails are so pretty, Skye! Your spots are amazing, too. And I agree, the blogger stats are fun to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Liesl :) I LOVE spots so I'm sure I'll be doing more haha. Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  2. AWESOME! I can't wait to try my dotting tools now:)

    ReplyDelete

Like my post? Have a question? Got a tip for me? Leave me a comment below! :-)